Setbacks & Failures: The Road to Success in Academia
StigmaFree Carolina, an initiative of The Graduate School’s Royster Society of Fellows, is hosting a virtual panel on October 23rd from 3:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. titled “Setbacks and Failures: The Road to Success in Academia.”
- Samantha Chery, Graduate Student, Neuroscience
- Xiaofei “Fay” Lin, Graduate Student, Biochemistry, UCLA, Co-host of Grad Chat
- Robert Bourret, Director of Graduate Studies, Microbiology & Immunology
- Carol Magee, Chair, Department of Art & Art History
- Ashalla Freeman, Director of Diversity Affairs; Director of IMSD
Panelists will share information about past experiences of setbacks, how they handled them and the perspective they gained from those experiences.
The event is open to the entire UNC-Chapel Hill community.
Register for the event here: https://tinyurl.com/y3ncpa7o